To get started creating projects with the Raspberry Pi you are going to need the following items:
- Raspberry Pi – Model B (Buy here)
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- SD Memory Card (minimum 2GB)
- 5V Micro USB Power-supply
- HDMI Monitor (or TV)
Where to buy a Raspberry Pi?
You can buy the Raspberry Pi through Premier Farnell/Element 14 and RS Components. Both distributors sell all over the world. In mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau you can also buy directly through Egoman Technology Corp. You can also buy the Raspberry Pi from Amazon along with many of the accessories you will need.
Where to buy the other items?
There are many bundles where you can buy most of the items you will need to get started. I have listed a few of the bundles here – and a few links to each of the items if you wish to purchase them individually.
Use the following links to buy each item individually:
- Raspberry Pi – Model B – Buy on Amazon
- USB Keyboard – Buy on Amazon
- USB Mouse – Buy on Amazon
- SD Memory Card – 8GB – Buy on Amazon
- 5V Micro USB Power-supply – Buy on Amazon
- HDMI Monitor (or TV) – Buy on Amazon
- Or buy a converter cable HDMI to DVI to use your existing monitor – Buy on Amazon
There are a number of starter kit bundles available like the CanaKit Raspberry Pi Complete Starter Kit.This kit comes with:
- Raspberry Pi – Model B
- Raspberry Pi Project Case
- 4GB SD Card pre-loaded with Raspbian “wheezy”
- Micro USB Power supply
- HDMI Cable
You can buy the bundle here: http://amzn.to/1dKMjZH